Friday, December 14, 2012

It was almost Complete



I have been working as promised. This is the fruit of my efforts. It has all the parts of a regular chassis except the screws. For some reason, the spreadsheets that I used for the screws kept adding extra pieces and extrusions on to the model. Besides that, everything seen here is in proper working order. Unfortunately it is not complete. My computer froze when I was almost done and then shut down Autodesk Inventor Fusion. After that, Autodesk refused to touch my file with a ten foot pole. It couldn't be read and the progress I had made was deleted.

I finally got AutoCAD to open it, but my computer’s speed was far too slow to handle it. Josh let me use his computer but I was once again lost on how to use the program. I had developed skills in Fusion and AutoCAD was for more advanced. I couldn’t even find the list of components of my piece. I am not sure if it was because the file was modified when Fusion crashed or if I am just that inefficient with AutoCAD. Nevertheless, I finished 90% of my project. The parts that remain have been built. They just need to be placed onto the main chassis. This is where my issues lie. I don’t know how to assemble anything in AutoCAD. I will be working on this over break.

This internship has been a wonderful experience. I did not get to code or program but I did get a new program to play with. I also got to do what I love to do on my free time most, sit around and play with design software all day. If I am chosen to come back in the spring I will see you all then. If not, have a great break. I hope we all performed well on our finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment