Friday, January 25, 2013

And We're Back

This week was relatively slow. Because I am a math major and out of the life sciences area, I went to talk to Dr. Anne Hodgkins. We are trying to find a special project that I can do with the help of the math department. So, I have to come up with an idea that I would like to research or look into. I’m not entirely sure what you would research in mathematics so I’m having a hard time. She, however, said that I could do a project using surveys and statistics so I will probably go with this idea.

In addition to that I have also been working on the Robotics Club website. I had a little bit of trouble in the beginning because a page had already been created for the club from a preset page. It was horribly boring and the layout and colors could not be changed. Therefore, I made an entirely new page and instead of using a preset page, I used a basic theme and built it from the bottom up. I started off with basic information and our team logo. After that I got to play around with the page. Josh has given me pretty much total creative control so I’ve been having a lot of fun with it.
Home Page

I added a page for the VEX Robotics Competition  and a media page. Josh wanted a robot battle game on the website so I was sent to search. However, after a half hour of looking for a decent game, I concluded that my quest was for naught. So, Josh decided to load up a link to an Atari game collection. I embedded the whole page into our club page so we can play all we want without having to be redirected. I hope to obtain recent pictures of the club so we can upload those as well. All in all, the site is progressing smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment